My mom always says that on the first of the new year, you should do a little bit of everything good: small bits of good habits you want to carry through into the new year.
That’s how I’ve always tried to start every first day of the year, no matter where in the world I am.
This year, I am doing a little of the same here: going on (very) short runs, finishing unfinished books, starting a new one, do some writing, do some work, trying to be creative and challenge the boundaries.
It allows for a little reflection, a little resetting, and a little bit of conscious forward-thinking about how you should spend the rest of the year.
That’s a little bit of everything good.
I am, however, a kid of tradition (or superstitious – depends how you look at it). And if I find something that works – I go with it. i can’t take chances changing it. Each year I sort of wish for the things I’d like to happen/achieve in 2016. It’s a good way to hold myself accountable – and additionally – i think it works 😉
HOPES FOR 2016
- That my mom, bro, nan and friends are all super happy, heathy and that NO ONE DIES! Including ME! But I would die instead of the above people if it has to come down to that.
- Last year, and the year before that I asked for a job that I enjoyed. I ended up getting at lots of cool small ones! So thank you 2013, 2014, 2015 for amazing job years; PLEASE New Year help me find these golden eggs of opportunity and help me reach my potential. Help me make GREAT/BETTER impressions at the places where I currently work. Let me move small mountains. Please find extra work to fund me through uni. Please find me more amazing opportunities. Let me be BETTER. WORK HARDER. Even more so, PLEASE provide me with opportunities to help others and to make a positive difference! Esp. in radiotherapy. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET INTERVIEWS FOR RT JOBS AND NOT MESS THE INTERVIEWS UP!
- Make extra time for friends, make sure i actually see friends who live else where. Don’t let money define this.
- This year I need to be more motivated. Be more time-focused. Less TV and more drawing. More studying less sleeping. This is also very, very do-able if I just organize my priorities too! I need to make more great art-works rather than just research and develop ideas that never get shown. I need to remember the stuff I learn in class! I need to be more confident in clinical.
- I really really hope that i can make a positive difference this year, help others that need it, and make the world a place i’m proud to live in.
- More teaching opportunities PLEASE! This is a must if i want a chance at achieving number 5! too
- I would like to interact with people better, so I can communicate effectively and be wayyy more better and likeable esp for clinical placement.
- As with any artist, any exhibition/residential/print opportunities no matter how small or little they may seem all adds to the endless cannon of critical thinking and art practice!
- I need to become more motivated to learn my material… I can only make the difference I want to make if I am disciplined enough to sit down and dedicate the time to master my craft. Please give me the strength, the focus and the motivation – and mostly the energy to do this!
- I just want to feel normal again. Like not have bone ache, or nightsweats, where i could get up in the morning and not feel insanely hungover despite not actually touched alcohol in weeks. I want to not feel SUPER tired for NO reason anymore. I want to be fit, i want to be healthy again, i just want my body and health back from circa 2006 (that was a good year ha!) I’d even take health back from circa 2010/early 2011.
- I’d like to take up running, agaaaaiiiinnnn. By the end of the year I want to run 10K – like a fit person.
- I know I can’t travel like I have done previous years, but I would absolutely love to visit USA again & maybe if i get a proper radiotherapy job – then go to Japan or India.
Thanks 2015 for a dope year, 2016 I know you’ve got my back. Here’s to hard-work, game changing, trying to stay focused, fighting against the ordinary daily events, challenges and finding ways or re-focusing when things might not work out exactly as we might want them to. TO FRIENDSHIP yo!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit