One thought that I have been pondering over the past couple of weeks, which I learnt when I was over in America for 4 months, is:
What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
For me, it would be alot – at a guess!
Here is my list:
- I would travel the whole of Europe this summer; but I’m scared of Europe – so many languages to do it all alone.
- I would do Into The Wild type of adventure after NYC but I can’t afford it [ the BIG scare of debt] and I’m scared of American Customs.
- I would paint. And I’d paint real good. I’d paint – but I’m scared I’ll end up getting a low grade and demoralizing my expensive degree. I can’t afford to do that.
- I’d I’d fly poster and graffiti and form an artist revolution. But I’m a scaredy cat!
- ETC /// TBC /// WATCH THIS SPACE SHIZZ
I have come to realize, my ego and lack of discipline has made me a somewhat, self-righteous, a pessimist, and, at times, a flat-out hypocrite. We love to criticize others; however, I’ve come to appreciate the fact that, even in their ignorance, there exists a strong sincerity that if those of us who know better could possess and act upon, the world would be changed in a day.
True revolution is not about just grabbing a gun & killing the enemy. If you want to truly be a revolutionary, it starts with love; love for yourself, your family and your community. Nothing can be fought and beaten without the existence of love.
A true revolutionary in today’s world is a faithful husband, a good parent, a honest business person. A revolutionary is sincere and genuine.
I had to learn that the hard way. I pledge to be more straightforward and honest with you about my intentions and abilities. I will not betray myself nor my people.
– – – –
Mental note for myself for 2mozzle. DO WORK.
Finish my self assessment form (2/3rds there!)
Buy a printer and print your work and notes and stuff off.
Reevaluate my artist statement – edit downnnnn!
Perhaps start to get my artist research/ influences ready in a folder?